refine and reveal
300 HOUR Advanced YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
GENERATING AWARENESS TO SERVE
Join Suzanne and faculty for an advanced Anusara Hatha Vinyasa 300 hour program to refine and expand beyond the components introduced in the 200 hour program as you dive into the vastness of the Yoga philosophies and practices.
This program journeys through a variety of incredibly effective teaching methodologies and goes deeper into various subjects of healing modalities through anatomy and biomechanics, breath work and therapeutics, as well as traditional healing sciences such as Ayurveda and Chinese Medicine. These methods aim to guide you to expand your awareness and awaken into the next phase of your teaching path!
step into the subtleties
This course invites you to remember that the small refinements of the mind, body, breath, behaviour and lifestyle become the heart of matter. These add up to become the seed, i.e., the heart of pure potentiality. Within this seed are the revolutionary powers of Grace, which invite us to awaken, expand and celebrate life. These powers of Grace are here to bring forth order and balance, as well as bestow joy, beauty, clarity, nourishment, creativity and ease.
open to grace
As teachers, one of the highest practices is our studentship. Returning to the practice with a true desire to reflect, learn and grow in order to enhance the ways in which we lead is at the root of any authentic teacher. This training will guide you to stand in your most authentic teaching style/voice to awaken your creative potential and access your power.
impact and serve the world
You will be invited to create a community based project to bring the teachings of yoga out into the world in an accessible and sustainable manner. Your unique passions within the Yogic traditions, authentic teaching voice and ability to hold space for these teachings to reach a larger demographic is what will help transform the world!
Suzanne is a Certified Anusara Teacher. Suzanne’s teachings encourage students to dissolve barriers and move through an intelligent practice in order to restore and evolve on all levels. Her instruction is woven to attune to modern duty and includes progressive sequencing anchored in ancient teachings.
Suzanne utilizes an integration of western and eastern approaches and is deeply passionate about exploring our internal capacities to heal and grow.
Andrea is a Certified Anusara Teacher. A dedicated meditator for over thirty years, he passionately teaches meditation throughout Italy and internationally to people of all levels. Through his intimate contact with the internal realm he engages with his students and the world powerfully, effectively, and with great love.
Additionally, Andrea has extensive knowledge of both sacred scriptures and the human body allowing him to guide students into an experience of meditation that is accessible, dynamic, and profound.
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN FOR 2018/2019
Hosted in Barcelona and Ibiza, Spain in three Modules:
MODULE I: TRUTH AND BRAVERY
December 27, 2018 — January 7, 2019
BARCELONA, HOSTED AT WELLCO
MODULE II: REFINE AND DISCERN
April 25 — May 3, 2019
IBIZA, HOSTED AT STUDIO 8
MODULE III: LOVE AND SERVICE
August 31 — September 11, 2019
BARCELONA, HOSTED AT WELLCO
- Posture labs and practice of asana from Tadasana into Savasana (Level 1, 2 and 3)
- Anatomy of the human muscular-skeletal system
- Examination of barriers that prevent students from experiencing more love & authenticity in their lives
- Developing a personal practice
- Subtle Body
- Philosophy (Yoga Sutras, Tattvas, Bhagavad Gita)
- Universal Principles of Aligment
- Hands-on Adjustments
- Therapeutic Approaches
- Teaching Methodology
- Pre/Post Natal
ANATOMY OF MOVEMENT
Founded by Blandine Calais-Germain
Since 1980, Blandine Calais Germain and her team aim to make anatomy accessible in regards to movement to understand and support the body. This core idea was developed along two main trajectories:
Anatomy For Movement®: A method of teaching anatomy in constant connection with movement.
Anatomical Gesture® : A practice department grouping exercises and protocols entirely based on anatomy (No-Risk Abs®, Perineum & Movement®, SINOVI®)
Anatomy For Movement ® is the first curriculum created by Blandine Calais Germain which is heavily influenced by her school years in Montessori school and her first professions as a dance teacher and physiotherapist. The course is largely devoted to sensory experimentation and includes methods to help learning anatomical terminology and functions through the drawing of anatomical structures, coloring of illustrations, modeling (pelvis, vertebra, certain bones of the skull…), palpation on oneself and on others, the tracking on numerous anatomical moldings, working with rhythm and post-it mosaics to retain the knowledge.
Anatomical Gesture® is the second curriculum created by Blandine Calais Germain which is marked by a style of creative movement techniques to put into practice the anatomical concepts and intricacies of the Anatomy for Movement® school.
Together, these two curriculums create an integrated and inspiring approach to understanding and embodying anatomy to create optimal well-being in the physical and energetic bodies.
WELLCO® YOGA ANATOMY
The Wellco Yoga Anatomy 60 hours curriculum has been designed by Blandine Calais-Germain, Andrea Traldi (teacher at Anatomy of Movement, Director of Pedagogy at Wellco), Sanja Hurem (International Yoga Partnerships at Wellco), and Senior teachers of the Anatomy of Movement and Wellco schools, to provide the best approach and practical guidance for yoga teachers who need to be safe in their practice and precise in their teaching. Hélène Todorovitch and Gloria Gastaminza will be leading the workshops; they are both Senior Teacher Trainer for Anatomy of Movement and Wellco.
The Wellco Yoga Anatomy immersive curriculum provides a dynamic and comprehensive study of anatomy using a Montessori inspired methodology that is focused on practice, and a multi-sensorial pedagogy with original exercises that ensures a solid, experientially-based knowledge of anatomy.
- Committed to a path of practicing yoga and an authentic desire to deepen your understanding of Self.
- Open and willing to work in cooperation with others in order to provide and receive feedback in a loving & effective manner.
- A consistent yoga practice for at least one year leading up to the training. Your level of physical strength or knowledge of yoga is not important, however it's important that you are able to move freely in your body without high levels of pain, and come to the training with an open mind and desire to receive.
8:00 - 10:00 | Morning Practice: Asana, Pranayama, Contemplation, Meditation
10:00 - 10:15 | Break
10:15 - 12:00 | Anatomy and Biomechanics Breakdown
12:00 - 1:00 | Philosophy Lecture and Discussion
1:00 - 2:00 | Lunch Break
2:00 - 4:00 | Elements of Teaching Methodologies and Practicum
4:00 - 5:00 | Afternoon Practice: Asana, Pranayama, Contemplation, Meditation
5:00 - 6:00 | Closing circle
* This is an example schedule. Each day will vary slightly depending on curriculum and flow of the group.
- Anusara Immersion Manual (Anusara School of Hatha Yoga)
- Anusara Teacher Training Manual (Anusara School of Hatha Yoga)
- Anatomy of Movement, Revised Edition — Blandine-Calais
- Awakening Shakti — Sally Kempton
- Ayurveda, Your Irresistible Life — Glynnis and Madhurri
- Eastern Body Western Mind — Anodea Judith
- Tantra Illuminated — Christopher D. Wallis
- The Splendor of Recognition — Swami Shantananda
- The Radiant Sutras — Lorin Roche
INCLUDED IN TUITION RATE
- Curriculum led by Suzanne Faith Slocum Gori, Andrea Boni and Wellco faculty.
- All equiptment and facilities onsite Wellco and Studio 8.
- Herbal teas, snacks and filtered water onsite Wellco and Studio 8
- 300 Hour Yoga Alliance (North America) certification and/or the ability to register with Yoga Professionals (UK/Europe) as a 300 Hour Certified Teacher.
- Certification from Anusara School of Hatha Yoga with the opportunity to deepen your studies within their methodology as an Anusara Inspired and eventually Anusara Certified Teacher.
- Certification through Anatomy of Movement.
- Opportunity for continued personalised mentorship programs with Suzanne at a discounted rate.