Bindu Yoga School (BYS)
Bindu Yoga School is an alignment-based vinyasa school steeped in classical yoga traditions and enriched with modern yoga approaches and philosophies. BYS utilizes faculty members from across the globe.
Annual 200 Hour, 300 Hour, Continued Education Modules and Mentorship Programs
AWAKENING OF HEART
200 HOUR VINYASA YOGA TEACHER TRAINING - May + September, 2018, ibiza, spain
Theory, Practice & Art of Awakening the HEART
Join Suzanne for a 200 hour Yoga Alliance Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training. This training is a sincere awakening of the mind, body and Spirit as we traverse the elements of philosophy, history, science, art and methodology of yoga. Be prepared to dissolve physical and emotional barriers and to illuminate your personal potentiality. Suzanne will journey into the richness of yoga philosophy and various theoretical frameworks. Students will learn to harness authenticity in their voice and actions, as teachers and students on the path of yoga. Students will cultivate the skill and understanding of resourceful, progressive, safe and creative sequencing. Plan to deeply explore the muscular-skeletal system of the body and biomechanics of the asana. Suzanne will delve into the power and purpose of the breath, and students will learn to intelligently integrate the breath into their practice as well as teaching methodology. Individualized attention will be provided from Suzanne, and from Mother Nature herself, set amongst the Divine backdrop of Ibiza, Spain.
Module I May 2018
Module II September 2018
Components of Course:
- Posture labs and practice of asana from Tadasana into Savasana (Level 1, 2 and 3)
- Anatomy of the human muscular-skeletal system
- Examination of barriers that prevent students from experiencing more love & authenticity in their lives
- Developing a personal practice
- Subtle Body
- Philosophy (Yoga Sutras, Tattvas, Bhagavad Gita)
- Universal Principles of Aligment
- Hands-on Adjustments
- Therapeutic Approaches
- Teaching Methodology
- Pre/Post Natal
- Kids Yoga
- Anatomy of Hatha Yoga, H. David Coulter
- Light on Life, BKS Iyengar
- Moola Bandha, Swami Buddhananda
- Yoga and Ayerveda, David Frawley
- Tantra Illuminated, Christopher Wallis
- Meditation for the Love of it, Sally Kempton
- Light on Yoga, BKS Iyengar
- Light on Pranayama, BKS Iyengar
- Bhagavad Gita (e.g. Eknath Easwaran)
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, Sri Swami Satchidananda
- Anatomy of Movement, Blandine Calais-Germain
- Anusara Yoga Teaching Training Manual
What to bring:
- Yoga Mat
- 2 Blocks - 3'' Foam
- Long Strap 8''
- Yoga Blanket - Wool or Cotton (May need 2 blankets if cotton)
Tuition: €3850 Single Occupancy // €3400 Double Occupancy // €2500 Ibiza Residents
Refine and Reveal
300 HOUR advanced YOGA TEACHER TRAINING - starting october 2017, Ibiza, SPain
GENERATING AWARENESS TO SERVE
This 300 hour program is a curriculum established and designed by Suzanne Slocum-Gori. Expect to refine the components introduced in the 200 hour program, and additional components are incorporated into a 300 hour program to make for a comprehensive 500 hour Advanced Teacher Training Program.
Components of Course:
- Refinement of asana via examination of biomechanics, posture labs and intensive practice sessions from Tadasana to Savasana (Levels 1, 2, and 3)
- Anatomy of human muscular-skeletal, nervous and facial systems
- Development of effective sequencing
- Teaching methodology
- Practice teaching and feedback provided
- Exploration of Healing Systems, including Ayurveda and Traditional Chinese Medicine (visiting scholars)
- Subtle Body - practice & theory
- Therapeutics - practice & theory (e.g., foot/ankle, knee, pelvis & shoulder girdles, spine, mental health)
- Restorative Yoga - practice & theory
- Meditation - practice & theory
- Philosophy (Yoga History, Ganesha & Shiva Consciousness, Tattvas, Vijnana Bairava Tantra, Pratyabhijna hridayam)
- Building authenticity in your teaching
- Adhikara - building studentship and integrating it into personal life style patterns
- Examine the boundaries, patterns and/or knots that prevent the expression of your highest capacities
- Harvesting the Bodhisattva - open and plow the internal landscape to ignite compassion & humility
- Design and implement an act of service off the mat
- Contemplation & journaling
- Compose personal & professional goals
- Professionalism - primary components to consider when establishing your personal yoga brand
Faculty Members include Andrea Boni, Karlito Notargiovanni and Dr. Virginia Fernandez
- 200 RYT with Suzanne or through a comparable school approved by Suzanne.
- Committed to a path of practicing and teaching yoga.
- Open and willing to work in cooperation with others in order to provide and receive feedback in a loving & effective manner.
- Consistent meditation practice.
- Passion to serve others and/or planet.
- You will receive a required & suggested reading list in advance of start date.
- You will receive a binder, workbook and numerous handouts for the various components of the course.
- Please have a digital camera or recorder available for use and an ability to upload to internet.
Upcoming dates for the 300 hour at Union Station Yoga in Ibiza, Spain
Module 1: October 15-24, 2017
Module 2: January 12-21, 2018
Module 3: April 15-24, 2018
Tuition: €3400 Full Course // €3100 Early Bird (by August 1, 2017) // €1300 Each Module
Seat of The Teacher
Continued Education 40 Hour Teacher Immersion - stay tuned for upcoming dates in ibiza, 2018!
MENTORSHIP PROGRAM - ongoing throughout the year
Work one-on-one with Suzanne to assess and refine your teaching needs.
- Explore a variety of essential teaching topics one-on-one.
- Refine your teaching methodology.
- Have your classes reviewed and feedback provided.
- Opportunities to support Suzanne in person during classes, workshops or training events.
"Suzanne's teacher mentorship filled in the cracks of my previous training that I'd always been hoping to fill. She digs deep into herself to offer the highest, and demands the same introspection, depth and radical honesty from her students. This was powerful, but also refreshing in a city where yoga instruction and indeed teacher trainings are spreading far, but perhaps sometimes thin. Suzanne's knowledge is vast and detailed -- from her knowledge and expertise in psychology and therapeutics, to her understanding of bio-energetics, anatomy and philosophy. Most importantly, she has her finger on the pulse of each teacher's unique strength, and does her best to nurture that while compassionately trimming out any unhelpful habits or inhibitions. She is a teacher's teacher for sure and I would jump at the opportunity to learn from her again in a second." - Stefanie Kraftsnow
"A true expert at what she does, Suzanne is a mentor who will clearly show you the way to take your teaching to the next level. As a teacher at the top of her field she provides invaluable insight into your greatest strengths while lovingly shining light on tendencies that do not serve. The depths and scope of knowledge shared in her mentorship reflects lifelong learning and meticulous research while her heartfelt support is unparalleled. In many years of teaching, nothing has come close to the awareness gained through time with Suzanne; constructive feedback for the individual fuel the fire of studentship and set her apart as truly one of a kind." - Ingrid Nilson
"Suzanne encapsulates the very essence of grace. Genuine and authentic, her strength and encouragement have changed the way I teach and practice yoga. Through devotion and humble wisdom, she embodies mother earths divinity. I am blessed to have her as my mentor and guru." - Kali Dylan
"I did the mentorship with Suzanne this past fall, and I found it extremely worthwhile. What resonated most with me were the exercises we did on defining who we are as teachers, what are unique messages are, and how we communicate that through our teaching and our own personal practice. More practically, I thought the feedback I got from one of my classes that she observed was extremely insightful and useful, and I thought that the teaching practice we did in class also gave me clear and specific guidelines on how to improve my cueing, theming and sequencing going forward. We had a really mixed group of teachers, from ten year veterans to fresh out of teacher training, and I think all of us walked out of there our auras about three shades lighter! In all seriousness though, I have tremendous respect and admiration for Suzanne as a yogi and as person, and I would recommend her to everyone. Here’s a piece of advice I got from a business guru, but I think it also applies to a yoga mentor: “Whenever you get the opportunity to partner with success, do it!” - Rafael Eisenkraft
"Suzanne is a teacher who's refinement, sensitivity and skill as a yoga teacher compelled me to take the mentorship program with her. Luckily for us, she understands how to transmit those qualities in an academic way. Her notes, handouts and researched material were meticulous and she kept us and herself focused so that we always covered the material that was set up in the outline. I am using the notes as a regular part of my class planning. The refinement and skill that I so admire in her teaching were reflected in the course content, and in her direct, insightful and sensitive approach to us, her students. I learned some innovative ways to take my yoga classes to a new, more comprehensive level. Suzanne's feedback upon observing my class was confidence-building, constructive and succinct. Just the right amount to work with. I definitely feel the improvement in my teaching from this mentorship" -Maili Dinim
"Suzanne is a teacher's teacher. I think anyone who learns from her becomes a better teacher for it.Suzanne's deep knowledge of yoga radiates out, through her words and in her teachings. Yoga resides in her DNA. Suzanne teaches from the wisdom in her heart and yogic archives of her mind. Anatomy, alignment, asana, and philosophy...Suzanne delivers with honesty, compassion, understanding, and vision." - Mike Powar