Awakening of the Heart 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
Please read carefully to ensure you cover all points necessary before inquiring for the PDF with booking form application details.
A minimum of 2 years consistent practice (3 x weekly) is encouraged. There is no 'level' of practice required before you join a YTT, only the commitment and dedication to step into the teachings and practice wholeheartedly with intention, effort and presence.
1. Inquire by filling out the form below. Students are accepted based on a first come, first serve basis.
2. Receive PDF with full training details, online booking form application and payment form link.
3. A deposit will reserve your space on the course. Students will be confirmed on the course once the deposit goes through and will receive a receipt. The final payment is due by the start date of the last module.
- 180 Contact Hours of personalized study with Senior Faculty Member, Suzanne Faith Slocum-Gori, who teaches 70% of the course, supported by her teaching assistant.
- 20 Hours of homework, assignments and reflective practices.
- Suzanne Faith Yoga Manual workbook.
- Yoga Equipment (mats, blocks, bolsters, blankets, straps) throughout the duration of the course.
- Daily fruit, tea and water onsite.
- Accreditation from Yoga Alliance (North America) upon completion of course.
- Accreditation from Yoga Alliance Professionals (UK) upon completion of course.
What's Not Included
Transportation to/from Ibiza, accommodation, meals & required text books.
- Expect a sincere awakening of the mind, body and Spirit as we traverse the elements of philosophy, history, science, art and methodology of yoga.
- Be prepared to dissolve physical and emotional barriers and to illuminate your personal potentiality.
- Students will learn to harness authenticity in their voice and actions, as teachers and students on the path of yoga.
- Students will cultivate the skill and understanding of resourceful, progressive, safe and creative sequencing.
- Plan to deeply explore the muscular-skeletal system of the body and biomechanics of the asana. Suzanne will delve into the power and purpose of the breath, and students will learn to intelligently integrate the breath into their practice as well as teaching methodology. Suzanne will journey into the richness of yoga philosophy and various theoretical frameworks.
- Posture labs and practice of asana from Tadasana into Savasana (Level 1, 2 and 3)
- Anatomy of the human muscular-skeletal system
- Examination of barriers that prevent students from experiencing more love & authenticity
- Developing a personal practice
- Subtle Body
- Philosophy (Yoga Sutras, Tattvas, Bhagavad Gita)
- Universal Principles of Aligment
- Hands-on Adjustments
- Therapeutic Approaches
- Teaching Methodology
- Pre/Post Natal
- Kids Yoga
Two 12 Day Modules with classes daily from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM with one hour lunch break and two 15 minute tea breaks.
Expectations of Students
- Students are required to attend all hours. If a student is absent, they must make up the hours and any assignments at an extra charge. Suzanne must be notified in advance to the student being absent and the content must be made up before the end of the course. More than 2 full days of absence, students will be assessed on a case by case situation in regards to course completion.
- Students must be present during practices and lectures, even if they cannot physically practice.
- Students must be ready to journey deep into the body, mind and heart and feel physically, mentally and emotionally capable to step into the practices and teachings.
- Students must purchase and bring required reading texts with them to the course (electronically or paper copy).
- Students must complete the final exam and pass with a 70% or higher to receive accreditation to register with Yoga Alliance.
Suzanne Faith Yoga is registered with Balens Policy as a facilitator of Yoga Teacher Trainings.
Students are encouraged to purchase travel and health insurance while they are participating in the course in Ibiza, Spain.
Deposits are non-refundable. Payments are not refundable, but are transferable for a future training of equivalent hours and price of Suzanne Faith Yoga within 2 years.
Code of Conduct
Suzanne Faith Yoga
- To ensure that safe and effective teaching is available to students.
- To follow the 200 Hour Yoga Alliance/Yoga Alliance Professioanls hours needed for accreditation.
- To support, guide and empower students on their journey to become qualified instructors.
- To begin and finish classes on time.
- To ensure students understand course content and can seek extra resources outside of course hours if need be.
- Acknowledge the limitations of skills and where appropriate, refer students to seek alternative instruction, advice, treatment, or direction.
- To commit to participating in the entire course.
- To arrive on time for class.
- To stay committed, receptive and focused throughout the course.
- To complete homework assignments and pass the final exam to become qualified to teach with Yoga Alliance.
- To nourish oneself with space to reflect, rest and eat balanced meals to remain healthy and present during the course.
Inquire for more details and booking form application for Awakening of the Heart 200 Hour YTT