open yoga Classes
What: 90 minute sessions that are integrated through asana (poses), pranayama (breath techniques) and contemplation (meditation). Suzanne's sequences are built with modifications and variations for all poses and are seamlessly woven with themes and philosophy within modern day context. Open to all levels.
When: Mondays and Fridays 9:30-11:00 in the morning
Where: Open Space, San Lorenzo, Ibiza
PRIVATE THERAPUTIC YOGA SESSIONS
What: The applications of Yoga Therapy range anywhere from maintaining health, to recovering from injury or illness; and in other cases to promote ease and strength for conditions that are considered incurable. The first stage of healing involves the movement of vital forces in the human system. By promoting the flow of prana, or vital force, yoga combats those blockages, restoring the basic conditions for health. The applications for Yoga Therapy in one of Suzanne's sessions also serve structural problems such as bone and spine misalignments or joint functioning.
By combining different forms such as massage, targeted strengthening & stretching exercises, breathing and meditation practices, counseling and alterations of the circulatory patterns, Suzanne's techniques promote specific changes in skeletal-alignment, muscles, joints, organs and nervous system altering the primary functions of the body.
On a psychological level, the introspection, body work and breathing techniques promoted by Suzanne within a session are essential to over-all mental health. Suzanne's approach also encourages an interaction between the nervous, endocrine and immune systems, allowing for optimal physical, mental and emotional stability.
Suzanne has specialized within the Yoga Therapy domain for many different target groups since 2005. She focused her attention within At-risk and Addiction populations and HIV/AIDS while working at the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) Neuropsychiatric Institute (NPI). Suzanne moved into specializing within cancer by working for the British Columbia Cancer Agency (BCCA) and Inspire Health for Cancer, both formal medical institutions governed by the Canadian Medical System. Suzanne has also worked with professional athletes and pre-post natal clients for many years, as Suzanne is a former marathon/tri-athlete and has three healthy children. Suzanne has also supported clients in developing healthy relationships, including between couples, parent-children and family functioning.
When: Weekly availability. Contact Suzanne for details.
Where: Can Oliver Natural Health, Santa Gertrudis, Ibiza
SPIRIT OF IBIZA PRIVATE SESSIONS
What: Sessions booked privately for groups through Spirit of Ibiza. Contact Spirit of Ibiza directly for more details.
"Suzanne Slocum Gori is the most inspiring, loving, and generous yoga teacher I have ever had the pleasure to meet or practice with. While I have been on my own spiritual path for many decades, I owe my coming to mat, and the revealing of my own yogic path, to her. Suzanne is an enlightened being walking this world - connecting each moment, student, and class - with love, commitment, connection, and devotion. Added to this, she teaches an exact precision to the science of yoga: she models and encourages her students to practice each asana (pose) with an unparalleled integrity that serves us beyond the mat into every aspect of our lives. Suzanne is a true gift; she gives effortlessly and abundantly. Suzanne emanates the power, ease, and grace of a Goddess with each word and each step. She is a teacher whose dedication to walking the yogic path, in every aspect of her life and teaching, is rare. It is a true honour to be her student and to share breath and my practice with her. Namaste." - Lesley Graydon
SUZANNE IS CURRENTLY LIVING IN IBIZA. SHE TEACHES WORKSHOPS, RETREATS AND TRAININGS BOTH LOCALLY ON THE ISLAND AND INTERNATIONALLY.
- May 18, 2016 – May 23, 2016 Food & Yoga Retreat: A Journey into the Rasas with Maili Dinim, Ibiza May 18, 2016 – May 23, 2016
- May 23, 2016 – May 27, 2016 Retreat: HolyMama, Ibiza May 23, 2016 – May 27, 2016
- September 2016
- Oct 3, 2016 – Oct 6, 2016 Retreat: HolyMama, Ibiza Oct 3, 2016 – Oct 6, 2016
- Oct 7, 2016 Workshop: Elements of the Heart 'AIR' Oct 7, 2016
- Oct 15, 2016 – Oct 22, 2016 Training: Refine to Reveal 300 Hour YTT, London - 'Roots & Bhav' Module One with Suzanne Faith Oct 15, 2016 – Oct 22, 2016
- Nov 4, 2016 – Nov 6, 2016 Training: 200 Hour YogaMilan YTT Nov 4, 2016 – Nov 6, 2016
- Nov 18, 2016 Workshop: Elements of the Heart 'FIRE' Nov 18, 2016
- Nov 19, 2016 – Nov 26, 2016 Retreat: Dukkha and Sukha with Rameen Peyrow, Ibiza Nov 19, 2016 – Nov 26, 2016
- Dec 10, 2016 – Dec 17, 2016 Training: Refine to Reveal 300 Hour YTT, London - 'Hold on to your Center' Module Two with Nico Luce Dec 10, 2016 – Dec 17, 2016
- Jan 13, 2017 – Jan 15, 2017 Training: 200 Hour YogaMilan YTT Jan 13, 2017 – Jan 15, 2017
- Jan 25, 2017 – Feb 5, 2017 Training Module One: Awakening of the Heart 200 Hour YTT, Ibiza Jan 25, 2017 – Feb 5, 2017
- Feb 11, 2017 – Feb 18, 2017 Training: Refine to Reveal 300 Hour YTT, London - 'Earth to Sky' Module Three with Dr. Genieve Burley & Suzanne Faith Feb 11, 2017 – Feb 18, 2017
- Apr 8, 2017 – Apr 15, 2017 Training: Refine to Reveal 300 Hour YTT, London - 'Heart of the Matter' Module For with Suzanne Faith Apr 8, 2017 – Apr 15, 2017
- Apr 25, 2017 – May 6, 2017 Training Module Two: Awakening of the Heart 200 Hour YTT, Ibiza Apr 25, 2017 – May 6, 2017